The Master’s programme in Economics offers students the opportunity to obtain in-depth knowledge of industrial organization and transport economics and to master the basics of quantitative tools and techniques used both in economics and in other scientific disciplines.
The knowledge and skills gained in the Bachelor’s programme are developed and extended, primarily in microeconomics, macroeconomics, industrial organization, and transport economics. The aim is that graduates of the Master's programme are able to solve theoretical and applied economic problems, to think analytically, and to use the techniques of theoretical economics with an understanding of the relevance and limits of their use.
The programme is designed to provide students with comprehensive knowledge in economics, which can be optionally extended to the international level, the broader historical context, etc.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- master the main concepts of economics in detail and to understand the content of current professional texts in the field of modern economics;
- apply advanced theoretical knowledge to address specific economic case studies;
- comment on and interpret current economic developments within the context of modern economic theories;
- analytically identify hidden connections and consequences of the economic impacts of economic policy;
- write a professional text dealing with problems of economics and economic policy, including competent arguments and opinions based on the student’s own analysis.
Graduates of the Master’s programme in Economics are qualified to apply for theoretical and research-based positions in the field of economics and in related disciplines. They should also be eligible for positions in economic journalism and economic analysis for the needs of the public and private sectors.
Graduates of the Economics programme have the relevant skills to work as economic analysts, as project managers, as editors of economic journals, or as policy advisers on economic issues. Following the programme’s focus, graduates can work in a wide range of positions in transport companies.
Since the program is taught in English, its graduates are also well placed to seek positions abroad and in international corporations where English is used.
Tuition fees: 7,000 EUR for the whole 2-year-long programme
Tuition fee for the first year of studies (3,500 EUR) is payable at the beginning of the semester. Students will obtain detailed information on the method of payment along with the decision on admission to studies.