- SET UP Masaryk University e-application:
Public Administration (Administration publique)
Note: Use your own personal email address in your application, even if you are working with an agent.
- UPLOAD the following documents in your e-application:
- Personal data form (you can type directly into the PDF document, save it and upload it in the on-line application)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Your academic records
- A copy of your Bachelor's diploma, or documentation indicating that you will receive such a diploma by the time of enrolling in the programme, in the original language, stamped and signed by the authorized university office or by a notary public official. Diplomas whose original language is not English, French or Czech should be accompanied by an official English language translation, stamped and signed by a translating company or an authorized university office.
- A copy of your final transcript (the record of all courses and grades from your Bachelor's degree education) in the original language, stamped and signed by the authorized university office or by a notary public official. Transcripts whose original language is not English, French or Czech should be accompanied by an official English language translation, stamped and signed by a translating company or an authorized university office.
- Statement of purpose
Approximately 500 words outlining your intellectual history, personal motivation to study this programme, career plans or goals. This statement should reflect your personal motivation and as such must not be plagiarized. In case any plagiarism is detected in your SoP, your application will be declined immediately.
This is your opportunity to provide context to your application. Your statement should include, for example, information on your motivation to pursue a degree at the Faculty of Economics and Administration, what you have done to prepare yourself for the pursuit of this degree, and what you hope to accomplish during your studies and after graduation.
Note: If you are working with an agent, the statement of purpose still must be written by you and not by the agent. Only one statement of purpose will be accepted, re-submission is not possible.
- Essay on a chosen topic
This is your opportunity to prove your knowlege and orientation in the field. The expected size of the essay is between two and four standardized pages (3600 – 7200 letters). The essay should have standard academic structure (introduction, analysis, synthesis), should include appropriate set of references and the literature list (APA style).
Topic 1: The role/functions of public administration
The candidate is expected to explain his/her opinion about what the core functions of the public administration system are. This opinion should be supported by references to articles/textbooks or other relevant sources.
Topic 2: The structure of the public administration system in the country of applicants´ permanent or temporary stay
The candidate is expected to describe main features of the public administration system (organisational structure, functions) in the country, where he or she temporary or permanently lives (free choice between these two options).
Topic 3: Public administration reforms in the country of applicants´ permanent or temporary stay
The candidate is expected to describe most critical aspects of public administration reforms (main reforms, their goals/contents, results) in the country, where he or she temporary or permanently lives (free choice between these two options).
Be aware that the essay should be original work, it will be checked for plagiarims. Learn more about plagiarism issues here.
- PAY the application fee directly through the e-application (other ways of payment are not possible).
- SUBMIT your application.
- ATTEND the interview which will be held both in English and French language. Be prepared to discuss your motiviation, essay and present knowledge in the field.
- RECEIVE your admission results within two months.
Admission to Master’s degree programme Public Administration (Administration publique) is conditional upon the fulfilment of the following conditions stipulated by the Faculty of Economics and Administration. The decision on admission is made by the Dean of the faculty upon submission from the Admission Commission for foreign studies.
Applicants who wish to enrol for the Autumn semester 2023: application forms can be submitted from 15 December 2022 onwards. The deadline for applications is 15 April 2023.
Applicants who wish to enrol for the Spring semester 2024: application forms can be submitted from 15 June 2023 onwards. The deadline for applications is 15 October 2023.
Applications are processed continuously, you should receive your admission decision not later than two months after the submission of your applications. Make sure then to apply as soon as possible.
Masaryk University study applicants are entitled to request a review of their acceptance/denial decision concerning their admission to study at the university. The appeal is submitted to the authority that issued the decision – i.e. the Dean of the respective faculty – no later than 30 days upon its receipt.
The appeal can be delivered in person directly to the records service (located right at the main entrance to the ECON MUNI building) or sent by post to the address: ESF MU, Lipová 41a, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic. Another option is to put it in the mailbox, which is located on the 2nd floor at the door to the Study Department. All documents delivered to ECON MUNI MU are assigned a registration number, under which they are kept and handed over to individual ECON MUNI departments.
You can learn more informaiton on the process here.
Information for agents
We appreciate the work you do for students all over the world. However, please keep in mind that the applicant must write her or his own statement of purpose and must use her or his personal email address in the application.
By submitting your application, you I confirm that you understand that it is an offence to submit inaccurate information, or plagiarized or fraudulent documentation in support of an application for the purpose of gaining admission to Masaryk University. The University may refuse admission, terminate registration, or decline an application if the information you have supplied is found to be incorrect, incomplete, fraudulent, or plagiarized. Please keep this in mind when submitting your statement of purpose, as a plagiarized statement will automatically disqualify you from admission.
February 10 – applicants for Visegrad Scholarship must submit their applications to the Faculty (for more information, see Scholarship opportunities)
April 15 – for September intake
October 15 – for February intake