Verification of previous education


Verification of Foreign Education at the Faculty of Economics and Administration

If you want to be enrolled in one of our degree programes and your prior education was acquired in another country, it is necessary for you to have your prior degree/education formally verified by the faculty or recognized by responsible Czech authorities. Please, see all the options below.


Based on the new Directive No. 2/2019, the faculty verifies whether the submitted foreign educational documents entitle the applicant to enrol into the degree programme he/she was admitted to. Therefore, the verification is valid only for the specific program you were admitted to within the specific admission term. The verification costs only 800 CZK (you can pay it here).

To ease the whole process for you, we have prepared detailed manuals:

  • If you want to verify your high school studies, click here.
  • If you want to verify your Bachelor studies, click here.

What documents do you need for the verification?

For bachelor study:

  1. Invoice of the verification fee payment
  2. Scan of your high school diploma (verified according to the rules here)
  3. Scan of confirmation of accreditation of your high school 

For master study:

  1. Invoice of the verification fee payment
  2. Scan of your BA diploma (verified according to the rules here)
  3. Scan of your Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records

For PhD study:

  1. Invoice of the verification fee payment
  2. Scan of your MA diploma (verified according to the rules here)
  3. Scan of your Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records

Important notice:

  1. All submitted documents must be officially translated into Czech or English (including all stamps, notary clauses, interpreter clauses, certifications of the authenticity of signatures, etc.). To put it simple, ALL text must be translated.
  2. It is necessary to hand over the officially certified copies of your high school/BA/MA diploma and Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records on the day of your enrollment.


How do I deliver the documents to the faculty?

After paying for the verification, please send us the filled-in application and scans of the above-mentioned documents in one file to

When do I have to bring the documents in hard copies?

  • No later than on the day of your enrollment.
  • Please don´t forget that you will have to bring the documents in officially certified copies!


Shall you have any further questions or problems, please contact us at


If the applicant wishes to utilize any education he/she has attained in the country of origin, it is necessary to have that education recognized by the Czech educational system.  One of the option of the recognition is nostrification. As a result, the applicant will obtain an official certificate, which enables him/her to enroll at any Czech university or which he/she might use for the purpose of employment.

For enrollment in Bachelor degree programs, the applicant will have to apply for the Recognition of Secondary School Education at an regional authority.

If the applicant wishes to enroll in a Master or Doctoral degree programs, he/she should browse this page and read the detailed information: Recognition of Foreign Higher Education and Qualifications.

The nostrification process costs 3000 CZK and, contrary to verification, it is valid without any limitation. It is managed by the Rector’s Office of Masaryk University.

Recognition of education obtained in Slovak Republic or in countries with bilateral agreements (Germany, Hungary, Poland, Slovenia)

The Czech Republic is bound by bilateral agreements on mutual recognition of educational qualifications with Hungary, the Republic of Poland, the Republic of Slovenia, the Federal Republic of Germany and Slovak Republic. If you are a holder of such document to which the bilateral agreement applies, you just need to submit an officially certified copy of such document (if necessary together with the official translation) to the responisble person at the faculty. There is no fee required.

Certificate of the European Baccalaureate

Graduates who have obtained a foreign education in a European school operating under the Convention defining the Statute of the European Schools will submit an officially certified copy of the European Baccalaureate certificate with an official translation into Czech or English (translations are not required for certificates issued in Slovak or English).

You are running an old browser version. We recommend updating your browser to its latest version.