Capacity Building in Mathematics and Statistics Learning Support in Norway and the Czech Republic (MSLS Net)
- Project Identification
- Project Period
- 8/2021 - 7/2023
- Investor / Pogramme / Project type
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the CR
- MU Faculty or unit
- Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Cooperating Organization
Brno University of Technology
Tomas Bata University in Zlín
University of Agder
The Arctic University of Norway
The main objective of this project is to improve the cooperation between the Czech Republic and Norway in the area of learning support for mathematics and statistics in higher education institutions.
Our consortium includes five higher education institutions: Brno University of Technology (BUT) in Czech Republic will act as the Project Promoter coordinating the efforts of four other participants, two Czech universities, Masaryk University (MU) and Tomas Bata University in Zlin (UTB), and two Norwegian Universities, The Arctic University of Norway (UiT) and University of Agder (UiA).
The main activities planned in the project:
1) Transfer of innovative ideas and methodology through peer learning and exchange of good practice through the four learning events described below.
2) Development of training materials for an introductory course for staff providing mathematics and statistics support („tutors“), including remote support (in English, Czech and Norwegian).
3) Development of a Handbook on good practices describing how to set up, manage and maintain Mathematics Support Centres (in English, Czech and Norwegian).
The most important medium-term effect will be a strengthened institutional cooperation between the universities in the Czech Republic and Norway sustained by peer learning and tutor training events where all partner institutions will be invited to participate. This will be supported by either individual Erasmus+ mobility funds or through subsequent application for an Erasmus+ Strategic Partnerships project.