Tara K. Bryan: A Community Engaged Approach to Academic Work
29 March 2022
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- P201, Faculty of Economics and Administration MU, Lipová 41a
Presentation of the principles of scientific research and its connection to education in an American university setting. Introduction of a community engaged approach to academic work and the fundamentals of „Research to Practice & Practice to Research“ approach. Discussion of the possibilities of linking community-based goals and academic goals.
- How are we translating research to inform practice?
- Are we training researchers to be boundary spanning translators?
- Are we solving questions that don’t need answering?
- Engaging community issues in research versus professors’ expertise
1. Guest Kateřina Kloubová (Fulbright Specialists, Inter-country travel) – 15 min
2. Lecture by Tara K. Bryan