A broad scope of knowledge, analytical ability, versatility, presentation and writing skills on economic topics, applied statistical and econometric tools. The programme Economics offers all this to its students. It is designed primarily for those who are interested in economic issues, who like to reflect upon the foundations of their analyses or on how to assess specific economic decisions, and who want to learn more about the workings of markets and economies. Students will also learn about modern analytical methods and software.
In the Master’s programme, you will expand your knowledge of behavioural and experimental economics, transport economics and public policy, as well as macroeconomic modelling. You will learn how to empirically identify and quantify the effects of specific economic decisions. Students of Economics gain universal knowledge that provides them with a broader perspective on economic, political, and social issues. They also gain a more critical view of different situations and a more appropriate choice of stance that takes into account the broader context.
Upon successful completion of the study, the graduate can:
- apply attention to detail and problem-solving skills in a wide range of professional environments, from finance and business to the public sector and non-profit organizations,
- process large data sets and analyse them using statistical and econometric tools,
- present complex economic topics,
- publish scholarly texts covering a wide range of topics while including sound arguments and opinions based on their own analysis,
- interpret current economic research and policy documents in a selected area of specialization,
- provide expert advice in their area of specialization.
Graduates will find employment in analytical positions in the commercial sphere, consulting firms, or government and international organizations.
The knowledge and skills acquired in transport economics courses can be applied in public administration or private transport companies. Last but not least, knowledge of macroeconomic modeling methods is valued in various positions in banking, the public sector, and consulting and advisory work.
As the programme is taught in English, its graduates are well qualified to find jobs abroad and in international companies where English is used.
Since the program is taught in English, its graduates are also well placed to seek positions abroad and in international corporations where English is used.
Tuition fees: 7,000 EUR for the whole 2-year-long programme
Tuition fee for the first year of studies (3,500 EUR) is payable at the beginning of the semester. Students will obtain detailed information on the method of payment along with the decision on admission to studies.